Scotland is famous for:
- Drunks and alcoholics; leading to one of the highest rates of domestic violence between husbands and wives in Europe.
- Bigotry: Most Scottish people still think it's totally acceptable to hate the English with such venom and spite, it's practically encouraged to air those views and feelings in public.
- Grown men wearing skirts. A true Scotsman is said to be one who wears a kilt (skirt) without underwear - and this is usually proven once they're drunk and think nothing of exposing their 'meat and two veg' to other men, women and even children. But this crude act isn't a "sexual crime"; its seen as "just for laughs". True Scotsmen also think nothing of urinating in public especially when drunk regardless of where they are. Most don't even 'lift their skirts' hence their urine-stained boots.
- Hogmanay (New Year's Eve to you and me): While the rest of the world are celebrating the end of one year and the beginning of another, it's the one night of the year where all of Scotland gets blind drunk.
- Patriotism. Even if most haven't been north of Glasgow or Edinburgh (both of which are closer to England than the most northern part of Scotland)
"Is it true that, to visit Scotland, you need to turn your watch back 200 years?"