1. adj., having the quality of a lie or an otherwise fallacious account, especially when told as if it were true.
2. n., a fallacious account or outlandish tale delivered under the pretense of truth.
3. v., to give a fallacious account or outlandish tale with the pretense of presenting factual data.
4. n., adj., some fake-ass color that some purport to be either an u-g-l-y yellow or a green which resembles a freshly cut lawn, after it has been regurgitated by a family pet.
5. n., a French liqueur; it was a favorite of author/pioneer/mad genius Hunter S. Thompson.
1. Person A: I heard she plays with power tools and has sexual intercourse with bears. Person B: Man, that shit is chartreuse.
2. He told me that he had licked the Washington Monument when he visited it last summer, but I knew he was feeding me some chartreuse.
3. Don't try to chartreuse me, I know you left that party alone.
4. She was pretty good looking, except for that chartreuse blouse she was wearing.
5. "With a pint of green Chartreuse ain't nothin' seems right / You buy the Sunday paper on a Saturday night." - Tom Waits, "Til the Money Runs Out"