band who combine the following attributes to appeal to the mainstream:
- Vocals ranging from whimpering-to-screaming
- Computer generated music (particularly for song intros)
- Repetitive and extremely simplistic guitar playing
- Contrived dj scratching
- Lyrics stressing "pain, wounds (unhealing wounds in some cases), - memories and running away" without justification so as to appeal to the majority of teenagers or anybody who has ever felt a bit sad in their life.
- Songs strictly 2:30 to 3:30 minutes in length to fit radioplay standards rather than show musical expression.
- Gimmicky albums where songs are re-arranged and re-performed are put out more than their actual studio albums with original music (of which they have two, 'Hybrid Theory' and 'Meteroa')