1. One who is skeptical of technological developments until their usefulness and reliability have been proven.
2. One who insists on minimalist equipment that may be user-serviced.
3. Sagacious but irritable expert.
4. A person who prefers natural and/or organic materials over metals and synthetics.
1. He's such a retrogrouch; he's still riding a bike with a Brooks leather saddle and friction gear shifters.
2. That retrogrouch is still using a film camera.
3. If it's not made of wood, it's not a real sailboat, as far as that retrogrouch is concerned.