People who shop at a place for the best deals. They do so without purchasing any regular items - considered undesirable, typically, by the store management.
Also used to describe certain hedge fund managers who allot their best investments to the hedge fund held by family and allot other investments to other hedge funds that they managed - possibly against rules (if registered).
“Each week when our new sales get published, the cherry pickers come and buy us out of the best items,” the store clerk said.
1. Chinese for "work together." It's how three men who have never met share a bond.
Those three guys in the crew are really ding how.
December 11, 2012
Slavic (Czech, Croat, Serb) term, usually spelt ljut
Adj: Hot tasting, such as onions, peppers and horseradish.
Verb, Adj: Angry or disagreeable, as a person who is lyut.
Careful, those roasted banana peppers are lyut.
Don't be lyut with me, I didn't take your remote.
1. Very good, the best, or more literally, top good. Americanized version of Chinese phrase, ding hao. A sentence onto itself. aka Thumbs up!
2. Fine! An expression about you or someone, and even more relevant if something SE Asian is involved (seeing references to Mandarin, Cantonese, pinyin languages).
3. The best (again): NUMBER ONE!
4. Good luck. Used upon embarking on a dangerous mission, often in war stories.
1. This was one very fine lunch. Ding how!
2. How are you? Ding hao (I am fine.)
3. What did you think of that winning quarterback on Monday? DING HOW!
4. If you're going to take that class, Ding how (to you)!
December 11, 2012
Among fans of certain 1960s-1990s bands (The Grateful Dead), used when something or someone is held in high regard. Don't know exactly what it stands for (I've asked), but Fine and Tasty, Fantastic and Terrific, Fabulous, Awesome and Tremendous would fit the bill.
Adj : From drug slang, so it may be comparing the thing or person to high quality marijuana. "Fatty" is used in the same manner.
Adj : In drug slang: a marijuana cigarette or joint containing high quality marijuana (possibly itself originating from the acronym FAT).
Those egg rolls are FAT!
We shared a FAT doobie and now I'm floating.