* Founded in 1988 by co lead singers Steven Page and Ed Robertson.
* Best known for hits like "One Week" and "Pinch Me."
* Consists of five bandmembers, thus making the group a quintet.
* Are known to greet new friends with a round of nudity on thier tour bus.
* Subject of the Rockumentary "Barenaked in America" directed by Jason Priestly.
* Priestly also directed their video "The Old Apartment" and got it played in MTV.
* The band hails (mostly) from Scarborough, Ontario Canada
* Barenaked Ladies is a term derived from a child's desciption upon seeing a naked lady for the first time.