to encourage bad behavior, habits, etc.
Erin's parents enable her and her brother by giving them cigarettes just after he had just quit smoking. If you're a smoker or have other addictions and have parents like hers, don't count on quitting because they will just lure you back into your old addictions.
1)A fictional character in the Baby-Sitters Club
and Baby-Sitters Little Sister
books from the fictional town of Stoneybrook, Connecticut.
2) a rarity among blended families because she has a half-sibling, a biological sibling, and stepsiblings
1) Karen Brewer is such a smart girl. She skipped first grade and went straight to second grade. There, she "married" a boy named Ricky Torres as a game.
2) Not that many people have biological, half, and stepsiblings together. Most people have one or two of the above, but Karen has all three. She's such a rarity, I'll bet she'll be famous for that.
what every woman is, according to men like a former co-worker at my job
Me: "When you said 'I missed the beautiful women', was I anywhere on that list?"
Arthur: "All women are beautiful".
1) Phrase Cody Lambert of Step By Step
said whenever he would get in trouble, get someone else in trouble, or was told to do something he didn't want to do
2) Phrase you say when you've been put through so much crap you feel like singing the blues
After Cody got Karen in trouble:
"I got the blues. I got the blues. I got the I-got-Karen-in-trouble- blues".
2) You say you've got the blues, Cody, but you're not the only one who has them. I've got the blues, too.
Someone told me, but I'm not telling you who it is
1)Me: "Mike and Erin got married!"
Casey: "I know. A little bird told me".
2) Parent: "A little bird told me that you have been smoking".
Child (embarassed): "Mother/Father!"
Parent: "Cigarettes are a waste of money just to be burned up!"
someone who expects everything to be exactly like the thing they like; doesn't believe in watered-down versions of such things
A country purist expects all country music to be honky-tonk and feeling sorry for yourself. A punk purist expects all punk to anarchist and government-hating. A metal purist expects all metal to be about fantasy things like dragons and knights, or about sex, drugs, and rock and roll and have instrumental solos. An R&B purist expects all R&B to have horns in the music. A rap/hip hop purist expects all rap/hip hop to have swearing and bragging. A jazz purist expects all jazz to be instrumental only. A pop purist expects all pop to be like the teen pop of the 1980s and 1990s. A folk/ singer/songwriter purist expects all folk/singer/songwriter albums to just the singer's voice and either an acoustic guitar, a piano, or all three of these.
phrase Princess Pea from "Super WHY" says whenever something goes wrong. A less offensive way of saying "Oh my God"
Oh my peas, why is that hare upside down?