1. One who loves language so much, that it becomes an irritation to all those in contact with said person.
2. One who majors in linguistics at a pretentious liberal arts college.
3. One who wants to give an Abraham Lincoln to a phoneme or morpheme.
1. "Mark is such a linguophile; he bothers the shit out of everyone when he blathers on about voiced interdental fricatives."
2. "God, I think Mark the linguophile is a ling major at Swarthmore college.".
3. "Ew, did you hear? Mark gave an Abraham Lincoln to the morpheme -able."