1) Noun: label for a baseball player who has a horrbile pitching performance
2) Noun: pitcher who is incredibly ineffective and is regarded as the last resort on the team
3) Noun: A pitcher who has a ridiculously high ERA, (in this instance, 297.00, which is attainable by allowing 11 earned runs in ¨÷ of an inning)
4) Noun: A pitcher who has little or no command with his pitches and frequently implodes under pressure
1) "That Chris Carlucci," the coach announced, "is a Mr. 297 if I've ever seen one."
2) The scouts at the high school draft were especially cautious with prospects with past control problems so as not to have a Mr. 297 in their organization.