ingeborg s. nordén
To make oneself comfortable, usually by moving closer to another person or thing. To embrace closely, as to show affection or offer warmth.
Snuggling always helps me calm down and feel secure.
1. To express
softly and gently. 2. To nestle together for warmth (physical, emotional, or both);
1. A close, affectionate embrace. 2. An act or instance of nestling together for warmth.
1a. Susan cuddled her new granddaughter.
1b. The kittens cuddled on the blanket.
2a. A good cuddle can sometimes show more love than words do.
2b. After a nine-hour flight, we were looking forward to a long cuddle in bed.
Used to express pleasure or contentment--not necessarily related to food.
Mmm, I love it when we snuggle...
1. A baby-talk pronunciation of
. When used by adults, "wuv" implies that the love-object is
. Very rarely used about sexual attraction;
is a near-synonym of this word.
2. Childlike displays of affection by someone who has fallen in "wuv".
...I wuv you sooo much, my widdle
2. My girlfriend's driving me nuts; every time we go on a date, she goes wuv-crazy.
Used to express a sentimental reaction to
experiences. (The number of W's at the end is arbitrary, but at least two or three normally occur in this word.)
Awww...that kid hugging the teddy bear looks SO cute!
Awww, I love it when we snuggle...
A group of people cuddling en masse, usually to comfort each other or express mutual friendship. Sometimes associated with
and use of the drug
cuddle puddles can form in other situations.
Lisa's friends offered her so many hugs that everyone formed a cuddle puddle in the den.
(Originally referred to the American film-rating system, in which "G" stands for "general admission".)
1. Appropriate for all ages, with no offensive content such as violence, drug use, profanity, or sex acts.
2. Sanitized or altered to remove offensive content.
1. Just because a movie is G-rated, that doesn't mean it's a kiddie show: ever see _The Sound of Music_?
2. I'd better tell you the G-rated version of what went on at the school dance; my mom is probably listening in!
Free Daily Email
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.