1. <adjective> Relating to the Punjab - a region covering part of Pakistan and part of India.
2. <noun> A South Asian
ethnic group found predominantly in the Punjab. 90 million Punjabis live in Pakistan, 30 million in India, 2 million in the UK and just under 1 million in Canada. Most Punjabis are Muslims, although many are Sikhs and smaller numbers belong to other religions.
3. <noun> A language spoken by most Punjabis and also by many non-Punjabis living in India or Pakistan.
4. <noun> A term sometimes used as a racial slur to refer to people of South Asian origin. Also sometimes applied (perhaps mistakenly) to those not of South Asian origin, such as Arab
s and Berber
1. "The Punjabi landscape is beautifully mountainous."
2. "My mother's a Punjabi and my father's a Pashtun
3. "I don't speak Punjabi very well."
4. "Go back home, you stupid fat Punjabi!"