1. An economically depressed country in Africa
2. A river in Africa
3. A spelling mistake made by KKKers who don't know that after a vowel, one "g" indicates a soft "g" sound. To indicate a hard "g", one must use two.
1. I went to Niger on vacation... There were lots of flies and dead people. It wasn't very fun.
2. The Niger River flows through Niger and Nigeria, among other places.
3. Ku Klux Klansman 1: LOL! Look at that niger! Let's go lynch him!
Ku Klux Klansman 2: Ur soooooo dum... It has 2 g's in it! im not lynching ne1 with u lol!
Greek epic poem by Homer; widely considered the first work in Western literature. Tells the story of a small period of time during the Trojan War, focusing mainly on the character Achilles.
The original Greek version was spoken in rhythm to a lyre by a traveling musician-writer known as a rhapsode, not unlike a modern rapper. In fact, the term rapper comes from the word rhapsode.
There are many English translations, many of which are in the form of prose rather than poetry.
It is a very slow-moving story, regardless of translation, mostly because half of it is spent shouting out the names of hundreds of different Greeks and Trojans who died during the war, due to the fact that it would have been recited for Greek aristocrats who believed they had ancestry from that period.
Student 1: My English teacher's making me read the Iliad.
Student 2: Bummer, dude!
Homer: Thus ended Erophobus of Lesbos. Holla!
Greek Nobleman: Dude! He was totally my great-great-uncle!
2. The best game ever, in which a group of approximately ten or more players divide into two teams, runners, and chasers. The runners, who are on foot, attempt to get from the starting point to the ending point (or a series of checkpoints) without being caught by the chasers, who are in cars. When a runner is tagged, he or she becomes a chaser him or herself, and must ride in the car from which he or she was tagged. The game is played almost exclusively at night, and because trespassing is often involved, residents sometimes think players are attempting to rob them, and police also occasionally cause trouble. Also known as fugitive or slip.
1. Stop running around with no underwear on!
2. Person 1: Did you play Commando last night?
Person 2: Yeah, it was sweet, but then some guy thought I was trying to rob him and came outside with a shotgun.
Person 1: Wack.