or Sankt Gallen. A tiny town in eastern Switzerland. Known for
(1) its UNESCO world heritage monastery and old city,
(2) for its University, a breeding ground for the business elite of German-speaking Europe (or its often times unbearable offspring, see prep
(3) the boarding school
Institut auf dem Rosenberg, where Russian cleptocrats and other nouveau riche
people send their children, if these are too dumb to ever pass examinations at other boarding schools, or were expelled from other schools for drug abuse and the like.
1) "Have you seen the baroque library in St. Gallen? It's marvellous.
2) A: "Did you know that guy did his BA in St. Gallen?"
B: "Oh really, then he must be quite clever. Or a pretentious snobbish asshole."
C: "Probably both."
3) A: "Did you know that guy did his IB in St. Gallen?"
B: "Oh really, then he must be quite a pretentious snobbish asshole."