chump (n.) -
1. A person who missed the point, or otherwise acted dumb with or without intending to. A dolt
, idiot, etc.
2. A person who is being unnecessarily condescending or disdainful, often because of their own internalized judgmental opinions.
3. A person of self-supposed importance, who often has a snooty
personality. They use things only as long as it keeps them looking cool, and they consider everything disposable
, people included.
A younger chump often wears a popped collar
or whatever he or she thinks is on the forefront of the newest cool trend
(e.g. j. crew
, notice the disdainful attitude in the example of that definition.)
There are often overlaps of people in this category and in the frat daddy
Note: Not all who wear J. Crew are chumps.
1. "Dude, she's been looking at you all night, go talk to her already. Stop being such a chump."
2. "C'mon man, he missed the shot, no big deal. Don't be a chump about it."
3. "Why would you ever want to move to Greenwich
, that place is just a chump breeding ground."