1. A person who missed the point, or otherwise acted dumb with or without intending to. A dolt, idiot, etc.
2. A person who is being unnecessarily condescending or disdainful, often because of their own internalized judgmental opinions.
3. A person of self-supposed importance, who often has a snooty personality. They use things only as long as it keeps them looking cool, and they consider everything disposable, people included.
A younger chump often wears a popped collar or whatever he or she thinks is on the forefront of the newest cool trend (e.g. j. crew, notice the disdainful attitude in the example of that definition.)
There are often overlaps of people in this category and in the frat daddy category.
Note: Not all who wear J. Crew are chumps.
2. "C'mon man, he missed the shot, no big deal. Don't be a chump about it."
3. "Why would you ever want to move to Greenwich, that place is just a chump breeding ground."