(n) A term used throughout south Louisiana to refer a young, lower to lower-middle class white male who embodies a combination of wigger, white trash and "coonass" stereotypes.
The overall toby aesthetic, however, is not limited to the aforementioned stereotypes, and often shows influences typically associated with guidos, mid-to-late 90's "preps" or jocks, and even suburban American ravers.
(adj) exhibiting traits commonly associated with tobies
typical elements of toby style include:
- "fade" haircuts, often with heavily gelled and/or highlighted bangs
- an affinity for color schemes involving yellow and baby blue
- poorly-executed tattoos (usually tribal or just "ghetto")
- high-top athletic shoes (usually Nike)
- white baseball caps (worn backwards)
- visors (less popular in recent years)
- a "dirt lip" or "rat-stache"
- puka shell necklaces
- low-slung basketball shorts or baggy plaid board shorts
- "wifebeater" undershirts
- pierced ears (fake diamond studs or tiny hoops)
- tongue and eyebrow piercings
- cheap hip-hop-inspired jewelry
"Check out that toby with 4 his tasha-ass girlfriend..."
"Who? The one with the neck tattoo?"
"No the one with the Fox racing t-shirt. His bangs look like little icicles."