Children and teenages who have a parent/parents in the military and grow up accustomed to the military lifestyle.
1. Move to a new base in different State or country every three years or less and don't really have a hometown even though they claim to have one.
2. Are tolerant of other people of different backgrounds and open minded due to military brat experience
3. Feel at home on any military base
4. Know alot of military lingo such as PCS, SOFA, BN, etc. Watch AFN and miss having no commercials
5. Have had parent leave often for deployment/training either leads to a tight knit family or stressful relationship
-really social independent or a hermit/resentful person
-hates or loves the military
-wants to travel or become a townie
Situation 1- new school:
kid: Hey I haven't seen you around you must be new. Where did you just move from?
military brat: (how to answer...) Well I just moved here from Germany because my dad is in the military.