Try-hard is an adjective used to describe an individual who:
1) will try very hard to be good at something or fit in and eventually fails.
2) in videogames (such as Call of Duty or Halo) tries so hard to be good they end up losing sight of just having fun. This individual can become aggressive with other players if they are in a losing situation. In this sense the term can be used to describe players who are being relatively successful.
It must be noted that it is not uncommon for individuals to falsely accuse others of being a try-hard in order to make themselves feel better for their own inability to fit in or poor performance. If confronted by such an individual evaluate the accuser as well as yourself and remember there is a difference between trying
and trying too hard
1) Look at Nick, he is such a try-hard interjecting in a conversation he knows nothing about to try to look cool.
1) Look at that player "0Ace", he is such a try-hard camping with an AK74u rapid fire and all pro perks but he still has a 0.50 KDR.
2) That player "CampHeavyAce" might have a 3.0 KDR but he only uses OP
weapons and camps. I wonder if he is actually having fun being such a try-hard...