Used here as a verb.
1. When you lay in a three-pointed star (three people) on the floor of the band room in the dark composing music
2. When the members of your particular instrument stick to each other like glue (and the teacher thinks you all are attached by a string).
3. When you find yourself loudly humming your music as you walk down the hallway to another class.
4. When you end up teaching little 6 month old babies to play their first scale.
5. When you memorize your music and talk about how cool a piece of music is to anyone who's willing to listen.
6. When you miss band class and actually look forward to it as the highlight of your day.
7. When you witness the above actions in every day life and no longer think that its weird.
See also: band nerd
and band dork
Band Geek: (moves the hands of the 6 month baby) Bb, C, D, Eb, F, G, A, Bb! There! You just play your very first scale!
Other Band Geeks: (nod approvingly)