The best country in the world! A bit of advice though
1. We speak Gaeilge not Gaelic
2. We are not Leprechauns
3. We do not all live on potatoes
4. Most of us speak English so please don't try to talk down to us.
5. We are not all drunks (Well the kids aren't)
6. We do have a green countryside... We'd like to keep it that way.
7. The weather is almost never good here.. be sure to bring an umbrella!
8.Only country with a holiday celebrated world-wide.
9. Home to amazing musicians and actors. (Roy7, The Script, The Cranberries, Colin Farrell,Pierce Brosnan , Saorsee Ronan etc.)
10.Ireland has been plagued by American and English sterotypes, such as the misconception that we are all drunkards, or that we all speak with a hugely fake Cork accent and say 'top o' the morning to ya, laddie' - I have lived here my entire life and not once have I heard an Irish person say that seriously. The fact that Americans 'imitate' us by say 'top o' the morning' is I think due to those stupid Lucky Charms adverts, and whoever wrote them should die a horrible death :)
11. I could go on and on about how awesome Ireland is but.. You already know don't you?
Irishman: 'Hello, how are you?'
American: 'OMG are you from Ireland? Top o' the morning to ya!'
Irishman: *punches American*