<note that the use of this word is never without the 's' hence the original "chiefs" philosophy that there is not ever one chief, but a village of "chiefs">
1. Long standing friends or associates ("Peter you don't know John? oh John is chiefs!")
2. Used to rate marijuana (ie: "that dirt-weed is not so chiefs, but that other stuff is chiefs!"
2. Good things, thoughts or ideas that please you (i.e.: "that new song is chiefs") also can be used as an exclamation (i.e.: "Chiefs! That's a great idea!")
3. as a greeting or goodbye ("okay, see you later, chiefs!" or "Chiefs! nice to see you!")
4. Origin of the slang-usage of the word "chiefs" began in Amsterdam and then spread to Ibiza among American, English & other European expatriates, defining a person who's been living in town for longer than 4 years. Since the original conception of the slang-term, new derivative meanings have been created and used to the point where one could use the word just like "The Smurfs" did. (i.e.: 'Smurf-tacular' could be 'super-chiefs')
"Oh man, that taste chiefs!" "Did you go to that party last night? I heard it was chiefs"
use 'de-chiefed' in any opposites of the above mentioned meanings.
If your friend makes a nice gesture or a 'cool move' you can simply reply "Chiefs(!)"
Dechiefed - When a person or situation has become demoted. Can also be used as an exclamatory (Our plane has been delayed by 12 hours. Dechiefed!)