A white NATIVE BORN Floridian, usually with pre-civil war Floridian ancestry. Sometimes used in a derogatory manner by colored people. However, the true Cracker is not offended- he takes pride in who he is and where he came from.
Some characteristics of the Florida Cracker:
1. Knows how to fish by instinct- was in to bass fishing before Bass Pro Shop existed.
2. Prefers to swim in a lake or creek, not a pool.
3. Knows what swamp cabbage is and how to cook it.
4. Takes his hat off whenever DIXIE
or any Lynyrd Skynyrd
song is played.
5. Liked NASCAR
better when it wasn't on TV. (MRN)
6. Knows that cane syrup
is what you eat on biscuits. Gravy is what you eat with squirrel and rice.
7. Doesn't mistake a gopher for a turtle.
8. Knows that Fla. women are the best there is.
9. Says the blessing before eating.
10. Knows how to get to Hog Valley, Yankeetown, Scrambletown, and Yeehaw Junction.
The Florida Cracker has become an endangered species, mostly because of all the golf-playing, non-driving, constant-bitching ASSHOLE yankee retirees that move to Fla.