1. Any word whose proper pronunciation is unknown because the word has only been read, primarily in books. Such words are often tragically mispronounced, and may lay dormant for years until the correct pronunciation is heard in conversation.
Frequent usage of nerdonyms indicates excessive reading, likely of science-fiction and/or fantasy books.
• My first recorded nerdonym is "gazebo", which I originally thought was "GAYS-bo".
• What do you mean it's pronounced "GRAIN-ing"? I thought it was "Matt GRO-en-ing"!
• Person A: "I'm having a 'DIAL-mama'."
Person B: "A what?"
A: "A 'DIAL-mama'."
B: "Do you mean 'dilemma'?"
A: I thought it was...
B: ...it's 'DILL-emma", dude. You just had a nerdonym.
• "He's a great OH-raider. What? I just discovered a nerdonym, didn't I?"
n., (WIH-kee-leek) a collaborative process whereby one takes a piss while allowing anonymous others unfettered access to and control of the flow of urine.
Frequently produces extremely unreliable results including wildly inaccurate aim, incomplete evacuation, and a general lack of familiarity with the source material.
Person A: "God damnit! You sprayed piss all over the bathroom again!"
Person B: "Honey, it was beautiful! I helped destroy the oppressive bathroom meritocracy by letting others pee for me, allowing the free market to relish its inexplicable sense of exceptionalism in spite of any individual lack of skill or intelligence.
Person A: What a load of horseshit.
Person B: No, dear, wikidump is entirely different and won't be available until a subsequent open-source beta.