What is BBSing? Prior to the Internet in 1978: The First Computer Bulletin Board System, CBBS, Goes Online Ward Christensen and Randy Suess develop the Computerized Bulletin Board System (CBBS) in Chicago. CBBS starts the first online cyberspace community or bulletin board system allowing the general public users of CBBS to post messages online a computer system for others to view there by creating cyberspace. The name of the hobby is called BBSing.
All most all of your urban dictionary terms like l33t, noob, woot, root, phreaker, cracker, hacker and almost everything online today started with the hobby of BBSing.
- AOL was a BBS, it came out of the hobby of BBSing
- A online message board is not the hobby of BBSing
- A bulletin board system or BBSing is a computer system running software that allows users to connect to the system
creating a virtual cyberspace
- BBSing was in many ways a precursor to the modern form of the World Wide Web and other aspects of the Internet
- If you don't know what BBSing was your a Noob!