1. One of the original bands who defined what we now see as "goth", along with Sisters Of Mercy
, Siouxsie And The Banshees
and Fields Of The Nephilim
. Their music is very dark, and sometimes fairly morbid. Go and buy their greatest hits album and you'll see just how great they are. :)
2. A kind of Gothic architecture.
"There's a definite Bauhaus influence on this new Cruxshadows album..."
Short for 'Proggressive rock'. A kind of music, usually typified by very long songs with complex structures and time signatures. It started with bands like Pink Floyd, King Crimson, Yes, etc, and bands like Dream Theatre, Opeth, The Mars Volta and Tool all have strong prog influences, making the old prog stereotype of a middle-aged bearded man in a wizard outfit tediously wanking off his guitar pretty much redundant.
Muse are better in their proggier moments...
The new Paradise Lost record has less of the death grunts that filled their early work.
1. An erect penis
2. A foolish or ittitating person.
3. Something really cool.
1. I got a stonker while watching an arousing film.
2. That John is such a stonker.
3. This cream cake is stonking!
1. When two objects smack into one another.
2. An incredibly good goth / industrial band, who make sensual, beautiful music. Discover at www.collide.net
1. The car collided with the wall.
2. This new Collide album has made me do a merry little dance in it's honour.
1. Someone who denies their own opinions and leaps onto bandwagons.
2. An incredibly narrow-minded nosy person, who makes pathetic attempts to seem more 'hardcore' by hating anything that more than 10 people have heard of.
2. Posuer : NIN aren't industrial, you turd!
Me : I couldn't care less. They're a fantastic band, and I don't see why I should tie myself down with genres and stop listening to NIN just because I like Skinny Puppy.
Posuer : Wow, I'm stupid. FAG!
1. A gum flavour.
I just spearminted myself in the cupboard!