When someone says you have good taste in music, what they mean is:
1. "You like the exact same music I do, so you must like good music"
2. "I'm mainstream as fuck, and you seem indie
, so you must be like a music god"
3. "I don't have anything else nice to say about you, so I'm going to pretend that the music you listen to isn't shit."
1. You like Radiohead
? You have good taste in music!
2. Oh, I've never heard of that band. But you have good taste in music.
3. Any guy would be lucky to date you! You're pretty, and, uh, smart. And, uh, you have good taste in music."