A former gung-ho rich kid whose daddy owned an oil company and got him into Yale even though he still seems to have trouble with words over three syllables. He later went on to become president of the United States thanks to Florida not being able to count the votes right. As president, he kissed ass to big corporations and gave them tax cuts, while leaving regular, hard-working Americans to suffer from the effects of him flushing the economy down the toilet. Oil and chemical companies love him because he doesn't give two shits about the environment and even wants to disband the EPA and allow Hummers to eat more holes in the ozone layer. Beginning in March 2003, he's sent thousands of American soldiers to die in Iraq for oil, claiming that God told him to go there and sacrifice hundreds of American lives plus thousands of Iraqis' lives. WMDs he used to cover up his intentions have not been found and never will be. In the meantime, he has made us the laughing stock of the entire world. His presidency has suspiciously seen the line between church and state blurred since he kisses ass to the religious reich as well and wants all kids to pray in school and his warped version of Christianity to be the state religion. Recently has spoken out against the right of gays and lesbians to marry, saying the 'sanctity' of marriage must be protected even though half the marriages in this country end in divorce and people marry for money on TV. As Dubya continues to wipe his ass with civil liberties and any chance of healthy foreign relations, his conservative groupies still defiantly proclaim he was elected and is doing a wonderful job. But then again they said that about Hitler too.
"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"
-George W. Bush
We need an energy bill that encourages consumption.
- George W. Bush, Trenton, N.J., Sept. 23, 2002
As far as the legal hassling and wrangling and posturing in Florida, I would suggest you talk to our team in Florida led by Jim Bakker.
- George W. Bush
Case in point...
1. A Germanic peoples that likely originated as a minor ethnic group in Scandinavia and grew as they spread across Europe roughly two thousand years ago. Upon settling in areas around the Black Sea, they encountered the Roman Empire, and in the fourth century AD, sacked the city, putting the nail in the coffin for the mighty empire, and that was the end of that.
2. Short for 'gothic,' a musical and stylistic movement that came off the punk scene in the late 1970s with such bands as Bauhaus and Siouxsie and the Banshees. Popularity has waxed and waned since but the movement has remained intact to this day. Probably one of the most visually distinct subcultures around, characterized by a preference for dark clothing that is often influenced by Victorian, medieval and BDSM ascetics, among other things, and/or make-up, a pale complexion and some pretty interesting footwear. Since events like Columbine that sparked a witch hunt, goth culture has been accused of corrupting minors with Satanism, vampirism and violence. In truth, a great number of goths are actually intelligent, articulate and conscious people who, despite the foreboding appearance, are for the most part, more stimulating to be around than any of the varieties of chickenshit conformist that dominate the world today.
3. An angsty, angry suburban teenager who needs a great way to rebel against his or her unfair parents. What better way than with a Marilyn Manson t-shirt, a terrible black hair dye job and matching lipstick? Claiming to be 'gothic' because they listen to angry nu-metal bands like Slipknot and Korn, they often think their issues like drugs and self-mutilation contribute to their gawthick-ness. They will probably grow out of it in a few months and find something new to piss of their parents with. Until then, they'll just give the rest of us a bad name.
1. The hairy savages you see in your history book. See fall of Rome era.
2. People you might see wearing black velvet in the summertime, reading something darkly enlightening.
3. Might be the constantly scowling girl in a black Marilyn Manson t-shirt that can't apply her .99 cent Hot Topic black lipstick right, that sits in the back row and plays Manson on her headphones loud enough to annoy the adults.