Sapphires and Swingstars
1) A series of excessive, self-congratulatory statements or actions
2) A really disorganized situation with loads of people in the way.
3) A situation involving much disorder, but those involved think that everything is going well.
1) Dave: Everyone in the office seems really happy about this award we won!
Nelly: It really is turning into a festival of handclaps.
2) Dave: Wow, where did all these people come from?! I can't find a thing!
Nelly: I'm tired of this festival of handclaps! Clap clap clap!
3) Dave: Why is everyone so chipper? That's the third client we've lost this month!
Lauren: They are acting like they're oblivious... It's a total festival of handclaps!
© 1999-2015 Urban Dictionary ®
Free Daily Email
Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.