1. one who practices solipsissyism -- the propensity to preoccupy oneself with, and indulge oneself in, public displays of excessive self-pity and similar emotions in a manner far exceeding the average person's humble efforts to manage the same challenges.
The solipsissyist usually thrives most in front of audiences from dozens to millions, and employs techniques such as self-aggrandizement, passive aggression, and public crying in discussing self-concerned matters only, all in an effort to garner empathy and pity from others, and frequently to channel the audience's emotions toward other more insidious agendas.
Solipsissyists will frequently avoid or pay only passing attention to the concept that others may have the same or greater challenges than they. Doing so would undermine the function that acts of solipsissyism plays in channeling cheaply-won public emotions toward other topics.
1. Philosophy: the theory that only the self exists, or can be proved to exist.
2. extreme preoccupation with and indulgence of one's feelings, desires, etc.; egoistic self-absorption.
1. an effeminate boy or man.
2. a timid or cowardly person.
3. a little girl.
You *might* go blind? -- and you're a successful, middle-aged adult? My 5 year old son IS blind in one eye and going blind in the other, and I don't know yet if it can be effectively treated, and what the underlying problem is (which could be worse). And where's MY multi-million dollar bank account and personal support group of millions of unquestioning sheep? Yet you sit there in front of a national audience and cry about your problems as if none of the rest of us aren't already facing something like that (or worse) every day? What a FUCKING solipsissyist!!!