1) A plush toy in the form of a bear cub.
2) A big, beefy guy who looks like he'd be fun to cuddle.
"The little boy fell asleep hugging a teddy bear."
"Abraham Benrubi is such a teddy bear!"
A mythical creature resembling a reptile. Usually huge and ridiculously powerful; often flies or spits fire and/or venom out of its mouth. May be benevolent or pure evil; usually depends on what part of the world the legend is coming from.
People often like to roleplay these creatures online.
"I have a plastic dragon on top of my monitor."
Someone who wants to keep abortion legal, wants euthanasia to be an option for the dying, or both. Not necessarily a heartless nihilist with no respect for human life, although that's a common stereotype. Usually considers abortion and euthanasia "necessary evils."
"I think abortion is wrong, but I realize that sometimes it's the only option. What does that make me?"
"You still count as pro-choice. Get used to it."
1) Fat enough to disgust shallow people.
2) Fat enough to make doctors presume that you eat mass quantities of junk food and never exercise--and therefore, prescribe weight loss as a cure for literally anything that ails you.
3) Having a body mass index over 30, regardless of actual body composition.
"Did you know that according to modern medicine, Joe is considered obese?"
"*Snicker.* Tell me exactly how Joe--Mr. Amateur Powerlifter, who's got a *tiny* beer gut--counts as 'obese.'"
"He's 6'4" and weighs 250#. That's all that counts to them."
1) A great affront.
2) To greatly affront.
3) The state of being greatly affronted.
4) Someone whose presence is a great affront.
"Why do I get shocked when I ought to be outraged?"
"Some outrage made a pass at me at the bar."
"What did you do?"
"Told him to go fuck himself."
1) A bastard, in the figurative sense. Good word to know if you're in a situation in which it wouldn't be smart to actually say "bastard."
2) A treacherous person.
"Your brother's been back-biting me again. One of these days, I'll deck that little fink!"
Sexually attracted to the same sex. That is, men who want it from men, and women who want it from women. Not necessarily obsessed with anal or oral sex. The common slang term is "gay." (Also used is "queer," but you shouldn't use that term unless you are yourself one.)
Not necessarily any more lewd, kinky, perverted, or normal than straights...but not necessarily any less so.
s are protesting the idea of a homosexual running for the Senate."
"Huh? I thought that candidate was just gay!"