A level of status. Typically used in reference to being physically, mentally, morally/ asthetically, performance-wise, or even theoretically damaged in some way. It, in and of itself has many gradient levels, such as 'slightly fucked up', or 'extremely fucked up', but all versions have to do with describing the level of damage. A wonderfully universal root word, to be sure.
1. (physical): "Ow! Man, I just fucked up my thumb by slamming it with my hammer!"
2. (mentally): "That chick is SO fucked up, she ate a full ounce of magic mushrooms!"
3. (morally/ asthetically): "See that landscaping feature? Now THAT is fucked up! Anyone with half a brain wouldn't do that!"
4. (performance-wise): "This horse's lap time is so fucked up, I could wak around the track faster than him!"
5. (theoretically): "Naw, man...that would be so fucked up if you did that!"