1) An emotional person. They are not depressed
all the time and some are acually very happy at times. They do smile, they don't sit in a corner crying all day. Some are actually quite popular
and laugh and joke around lots.
NB: Emo does not mean the person cuts themselves, they might but that is not why they're emo.
2) A style. Quite similar from emo to emo but they try to make it quite unique. Some common features of emo's are:
-long hair that covers their eyes
-skinny fit jeans
NB: Not all emo's wear this style and just because you see someone who has one or more of the above features doesn't mean they're emo.
3) A genre of music. Some people find it depressing, but generally emo's listen to it because it describes something that has happened/happening to them perfectly. It's like the band has taken their memories and found the perfect way to describe it.
NB: Just because a band isn't very popular doesn't mean it is emo and some emo music is very cheery and consoling.
1) I have lots of friends and we all joke and mess around but we are very emotional
2) You see big groups of emo's in town wearing that style, but still managing to look cool and different.
3) Some people say My Chemical Romance
is emo and depressing, but they have some cheeryish songs and their lyrics mean something to some emo's.