- An error or fault resulting from defective judgment, deficient knowledge, or carelessness.
- A misconception or misunderstanding.
- A word people like to throw around when someone they claim to be "friends with" does something they don't agree with or like. A way of belittling someone. A way to try and manipulate people's actions or future actions. Ignorance.
1) "I made a grave mistake when I ate that Haggis. It looked good, but it tasted like ass."
2) "When I called you "smart", I had no idea you were really such an idiot and a lemming
. My mistake."
3) "I have to allow people to make mistakes. It's not my fault they like people who I think SUCK."
"Being friends with Jane Doe is a mistake. But, I won't tell you what to do or how to think."