Democracy is a system of government that doesn't work and will probably fail altogether within the next few decades.
1. The majority of the electorate tend to be idiots
who will elect an idiot.
2. The majority of the electorate tend to be selfish morons that would elect Hitler if he lowered their taxes
3. Politicians use pathetic, small-minded catchphrases that mean very little, eg. 'hug a hoodie' or 'for the family.' Mr Idiot, the average voter, however, votes on the basis of these.
4. The rich and powerful form a better connected, private-school educated elite who are far more easily able to take office.
5. In America, leaders take ordinary words and add '-ism', 'mis-' so that Jimmy Redneck
with his shotgun thinks that they're using 'big werds' and are therefore smart. Eg, 'they misunderestimated me'
6. In America and elsewhere, policy is over-rided by how bigger fan of 'Jeezus
' or 'Gawd
' a person is, forcing intelligent politicians to do lip-service to religion
, and allowing fundamentalist
scum to rise into office.
7. Politicians will always be able to whip up the masses to do their bidding at the expense of civil liberties by citing a common enemy, real or imagined. Eg. The war on terror.