A spam attack is an electronic attack with the intention to harm a site/user. Making the medium unusable because it has been swarmed with useless or very offensive messages.
Characteristics of a spam attack are the following:
- Often, a new account has been created to do the spam attack
- When the account is banned immediatly a new account is created to continue the spam attack
- The user attempts to make the forum unreadable or unusable
- The user posts nearly the exact same message over and over again, all he does is copy and paste the same message and click the post button.
- These messages often contain offensive material like porn, rotten.com pictures, racial slurs, flames towards staff and alike. Sometimes it is just a lot of unreadable text or ALL caps messages.