An ancient country and territory in south-east Europe in the middle of the Balkan Peninsula. In the ancient history, Macedonia was a great empire which reached its peak when Alexander of the Macedonians with his army shortly crossed the boundaries of India. Sadly, there's one nationalistic and scientificly unproven belief that Macedonians were Greeks. This can't be true because of several reasons:
Scientific proofs show:
1. Macedonians had different religion than Greeks - different gods;
2. Macedonians had different style of life - most notably Macedonians were eating while sitting and Greeks were eating while laying;
3. Macedonians never were in peace with the Greeks so it doesn't seem logical if they were the same nation to always fight among themselves;
4. Macedonians had language different language than the Greeks, the only remaining from that language are around 200 words - "glosi" which have no corespondation with the Greek language. So this is the strongest proof, different language - different nation.
5. Even in the history of the ancient Greeks, Macedonians were hated by the Greeks because of their superiority and also they were always named Macedonians, never Greeks.
Since the decay of the Macedonian Empire until today, Macedonia had almost never been fully reunited by Macedonians. Because of its perfect location as a crossroad of the Balkan Peninsula and beacuse of its many natural beauties, Macedonia has always been primary target of foreign occupators (most notably: Rome - 5 centuries, Byzantine Empire, Turkish Empire - 5 centuries). In august 1913, on the Bucharest's peace conferation, Macedonia was taken away from Turkey and divided between Greece, Serbia, Bulgaria and Albania in the order of amount od territory. Macedonians in these occupied territories, had literaly NO RIGHTS granted. The occupators ignored the Macedonian nation, Macedonian language, Macedonian culture, etc, forbidding the usage of these elements. These kind of regimes are in no ways less cruel than the nazi regime. This kind of regime goes on today in all parts of Macedonia, except in the Vardar part of Macedonia. In 1944, in the Vardar part of Macedonia, Republic of Macedonia was formed as a part of the Yugoslav Federation. In 1991, Republic of Macedonia has achieved its full independence. Under liberate conditions, as the ones in Republic of Macedonia, Macedonians aren't affraid to claim their natioanl identity as Macedonians - true descendants of the ancient Macedonians. True descendants of the ancient Macedonians are the majority in the whole ancient Macedonian territory, but they are under strong regime and aren't allowed to claim themselves as Macedonians. If a country occupies another nation, it has no right to steal it's history and claim it as it's own, like Greeks and Bulgarians do to Macedonians.
Macedonians, the only true descendants of the great ancient Macedonians, are the majority of the whole Macedonia, but are admited as Macedonians only in Republic of Macedonia - the only true descendant of the great Macedonian Empire. Other countries which currently contain parts of Macedonia are just foreign occupators implementing nazi regimes.