1. In popular music, a system of belief which fails to acknowledge any form of music not composed of two guitars, bass and drums.
2. In popular music, a system of belief which fails to acknowledge the supremacy of gross unit sales and radio play as the measure of musical excellence.
3. preferred meaningTerm used by some music critics to dismiss some forms of musical snobbery without acknowleging their own.
1. I used to think music ended with Nirvana until I attended rockism re-education camp.
2. Everyone would agree Justin Timberlake is a genius if it wasn't for all the rockism in this country.
3. I'm a silly little twit and I hate rockism.