1. Another term for "ghetto." Except that slums would be used more to describe a metropolitan ghetto rather than a small town ghetto.
2. Originaly used to desribe the ghetto neighborhoods of New York city and Los Angeles.
(also see "hoodlums.")
I had to work real hard to rise up from the slums.
Term originally used to describe greasers.
"Hood," is what a greasr would originally be called (the term "greaser," wasn't developed until the early 70's)
"Lum," was short for "slums(ghetto)," which was were most "greasers," would usually live.
You young hoodlums better be gone before I call the fuzz!
1. Incorrect pronunciation of "Mexican."
Most often used by blacks and Italians.
He's really cute for being a messican.
1. A "greaser," that fits under all the stereotypes held against greasers; a hardcore greaser.
2. Greaser that tries to hard to be a greaser.
3. A person that shows he is a greaser through every aspect of his life.
Damn! lil' Willie is one stone greaser!