There are several stages of drunkness.
1. Happy- The only reason you feel anything at all is because you're glad that you're beginning your alcohol binge.
2. Tipsy- Your first shot has taken effect. You feel as though you may "tip" over.
3. Buzzed- A slight pressure inside your head. You feel as though you can walk up to anyone in the bar and take them home tonight.
4. Drunk (aka sloshed)- Your limbs have stopped working the way you want them to. Speech slurred. You may also feel a sloshing feeling from the alcohol contents in your stomach.
5. Hammered- You're sitting on the floor of the club wondering how you got there. By now, the pressure in your head has elevated to a hammering feeling.
6. All fucked up- You have reached the trifecta of alcohol consumption! To reach this state, you probably have mixed your beers, wines, and liquors. Congratulations!
7. So drunk you act sober again- Rinse and repeat.
Liz and Kari on the Fourth of July, sneaking rum inside their diet cokes while the kids were in the pool, were drunk.