1. The state of something being strange, abnormal or mutated to the point of resembling the environmental mutations that were a consequence of the Chernobyl radiological disaster.
2. Denoting something as unusually irregular in regard to it being contrary to its natural or standard genetic form. For example a peculiarly looking vegetable; a striking multi-coloured blossom tree which has been artificially grafted by horticulturists in an attempt to make it aesthetically “better”; a fruit tree which produces more than one breed of the same fruit as a result of being grafted in this way.
1. My! That misshapen potato is strange looking . . .
it’s somewhat Chernobylesque.
2. I feel the resulting genetically modified sheep were rather Chernobylesque.
3. A ginger haired person of oriental ethnicity you say? That’s quite Chernobylesque.