1) The period of time needed to familiarize oneself with a new electronic device.
2) Often, a period of extreme anxiety and frustration stemming from one's need to learn a lot of technical information in a short to non-existent period of time.
1) "I'm sorry, Joe. I won't be in to work today. I'm exhausted from staying up all night learning how to use my new i-phone and am suffering this morning from a bad case of contraption adaption."
2) "I'm now limiting my persuit of new e-toys to only those gadgets with a low level of contraption adaption."
3) The salesguy said: "If you buy this new Mac laptop today, I guarantee you'll start using it today." "Yeah, sure", I said. "I'll BET there's no contraption adaption for THIS machine!"
1) Making a sacrifice that sucks.
2) A sacrifice that another knowingly asks of you in order to selfishly take advantage of you, and, which will only benefit the asking party; a situation that asks you to make a sacrifice in which you feel you are unfairly forced or coerced into accepting.
3) Making a hard sacrifice for a frivolous cause that ultimately doesn't pay off in the end; "everything ventured, nothing gained."
variants : -s, suckrificed, suckrificing, suckifrication.
1) "Man!... what a suckrifice my boss is asking me to make THIS time!"
2) "It ain't worth making all these suckrefices for you!"
3) “I see the government is suckrificing us again!"
4) "That's a suckrifice that I won't make!"
5) "Man!... what a suckrification of my time and talents-- and there goes my weekend, too!"
A confidence breaker; snitch; a whistleblower.
Having a tendency to spill the beans on a private matter.
An "untrustable" person, organization or website.
Steal, obtain by stealth, unknowingly be compromised with major consequences.
A flimsy proposition; easily seen through.
var. wikileaked, -ing
" Lately, Joe's become so wikileaky that I can't trust him with any secrets! He makes Benedict Arnold look like a patriot!"
"Don't go onto that website, man! They'll just wikileaky your stats and hack into your hard drive!"
"That wikileaky Sarah wikileaked me to the big boss about my taking 20 extra minutes at lunch yesterday. Man, am I toast!"
"That whole setup sounds so wikileaky to me that we're all gonna get in trouble!"
If you publish that wikileaking report, we're all finished!"
Pronounced " Juan Val-DEEZ"
Spilling the beans to the point of creating a monumental disaster. A combined reference to the Alaskan Exxon Valdez oil spill and to Juan Valdez, fictional Columbian coffee grower.
"You told Betty to her face that she was really ugly?! Holy crap, dude!... did you ever Juan ValDEEZ her!
"pretense" - (v) when you pretend, and make others tense!
- (n) a person who displays a false image in order
to impress another, especially for personal
"Margret is such a pretense-- like she's really met Justin Bieber!
"Get that frickin' pretense outta here-- NOW!"