Best author ever, without exception. Met mild fame when his second book "Even Cowgirls Get The Blues" was made into a movie, but really didn't care. His books are seen as more a form of poetry than fiction by some, and not dependant on his twisted but brilliant plots. His writing style is simultaneously intellectual and immature, high-brow and low-brow, snobby and perfectly willing to dabble in all our human flaws.
Tom Robbins is depressing to read, because I'll never be able to write like that.
The way the domestic military arm of the Federal Government hushed black America, ie. they killed people. FBI program to shut down leftist political organizations.
People that whine and moan about Watergate
either haven't heard of COINTELPRO, or they're racist motherfuckers.
1. Theoretically, prejudice against Semitic peoples (these include, among others, ethnic Jews and Arabs), cultures, etc.
2. A historically important form of racism massively present in Russia, Europe and the United States until around the time of the Second World War, and to this day in many parts of the Middle East, among other places.
3. (also "the new anti-Semitism") The refusal to give unconditional support to Israel, or more broadly, to components of American imperialism generally.
1. This definition of "anti-Semitism" is never used, despite the fact that in the modern West racism is far more prevalent and important against Arabs than is racism against Jews, which is in most cases extremely marginal.
2. This anti-Semitism is intimately tied with many of the worst crimes in human history.
3. This is not anti-Semitism