1) Failing an online course, most commonly used for extremely easy online courses.
2) When an e-mail is not sent for whatever error (user, hardware, software).
3) A failed pickup attempt online with a chatroom companion; rejection
1) "Damn, I cannot believe that my online basket weaving course turned out to be an e-fail. Now I'll never graduate."
2) A: Did you get my e-mail? It was very important.
A: Crap. The TPS reports are going to be late because of a stupid e-fail.
3)A: you wanna cyber
A: Well that was a total e-fail.