1. a pair of people (typically a man and woman, can be a woman and woman or man and man) that brought you up in this world just so they can bring you down.
2. people that will go out of their way to make sure your childhood is worse then theirs was.
3. people that don't know how to argue for their lives and think they can use their ''authority'' as an excuse for their lack of comebacks.
4. the base of many jokes made among the society of 25-and-under people.
5. people that claim you will thank them for the tortures they practice on you one day, when in reality you do nothing but thank the lord that you are finally free from them.
6. people that try to control your style, wardrobe, personality, look, friends, love life, music tastes, and opinions in general just because THEY don't like it. when really, it's not their body or life. they try to brain wash their children into thinking this is okay, but it's not. don't fall for it kids. your parents are the wrong ones, not you. just be yourself!
7. people that set the expectations for you unreasonably high, then (attempt to) punish you when you don't follow them.
8. people that set so many rules its impossible to follow them all, so when you don't you get punished.
9. people that don't trust you for absolutely no reason, and when you ask why, they just say "because'' due to their inferior arguing skills (see definition #3)
10. people that expect you to love them unconditionally, which is truly ridiculous because other then give you a house to live in, they do nothing to deserve your love. they also claim to love you, but don't listen to them. it's all lies.
11. people that you cannot trust because everything you tell them, they will go around and tell their friends at work or at the hair salon. you might think you can tell your mom about your crush at school, but she most definitely will be at lunch with her friends telling all her friends about it.
12. people that change the plans on the last second for no reason, and make you look bad in front of your friends.
13. the number one reason for teenage suicide in america (look it up).
14. people that will go to amazing lengths to ruin your childhood. don't listen to these people, don't let them hurt you, don't let them get to you. just rough through this time, because it's only a couple years. once your 18, your parents' torturing will be long behind you and you can continue with your life.
1. parent A and parent B are my parents.
2. parent A told me, "You cannot go to your friends party. if that means me not getting to get my hair done, so be it. as long as you are in pain."
3. "Parent B, can I go to the mall tomorrow?"
"Because I said so."
"What kind of answer is that?"
"BE QUIET OR I WILL TAKE AWAY YOUR IPOD"
"Mom, I paid for it!"
"I'M THE PARENT HERE, I CAN STILL TAKE IT."
4. Suzie said, "I'd rather eat a scorpion then visit my parents for the holidays."
*group of friends laugh*
5. Parent B says, "YOU'LL THANK ME FOR THIS 10 YEARS FROM NOW!!!!!!!"
-10 years later-
"Boy am I glad I'm not a teen anymore, my parents ruined my childhood." Says Joe.
6. Parent A: YOU CAN'T LISTEN TO RAP!!!!
Ann: Why? I like it!
Parent A: DOESNT MATTER!!! I DONT LIKE IT SO YOU CANT EITHER!!!! AND YOU CANT WEAR ABERCROMBIE EITHER BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT!!!!
Ann- It's my music and my body!! Whats it to you?
Parent B: GO TO YOUR ROOM, YOU WHORE
7. Parent B: If you don't get all A+'s, you're not allowed to use the computer for the rest of the year.
Jon: Dad I'm in advanced math! that's too hard!
Parent A: DONT TALK TO YOUR FATHER LIKE THAT. GO TO YOUR ROOM, STUPID CHILD.
8. Parent A: Go to the cvs to get me some ointment.
Jen: mom, you said i'm not allowed to go to cvs alone.
Parent A: DONT TALK TO ME LIKE THAT. GO TO YOUR FUCKING ROOM, FUCKING WHORE.
Jen: Mom! You said not to listen to people who curse!
Parent A: FUCK YOU! LISTEN TO ME NOW YOU BITCH OR I'LL TAKE AWAY YOUR CELL PHONE AND TV.
9. Tom: Mom, can I go to Zoe's party?
Parent A: NO!!! I DONT TRUST YOU!!! YOU'LL GET HER PREGNANT!!!
Tom: Why don't you trust me? what have i done?
Parent A: BECAUSE I DONT!!! GO DO YOUR CHORES.
10. Parent B: I love you, Sally. Give me a kiss.
Sally: no thanks.
Parent B: YOUR SUPPOSED TO SAY I LOVE YOU BACK. ITS POLITE. GO TO YOUR ROOM STUPID CHILD.
11. Parent A: So, do you have any crushes at school?
Eva: Well... i kinda like jon. dont tell anyone.
-later that day at salon-
Parent A: Oh, Eva is totally in love with jon. *giggles*
*friends laugh along*
12. Joe: ok mom i'm going to liam's house. bye!!
Parent B: NO YOU CAN'T. YOUR GONNA GO WITH US TO MY MOTHERS HOUSE.
Joe: but just last night you said i could go!
Parent B: DOESNT MATTER. GO TO YOUR FUCKING ROOM, YOU LITTLE BRAT.
13 and 14, no example needed.