1. British musician and songwriter (1955- ), born Declan MacManus. Noted for his witty, often-sarcastic lyrics, his nasal voice and (especially on later albums) habit of standing too close to the microphone when singing, and his thick, black-rimmed glasses.
2. A geek who, despite his obvious geekiness, is possessed of such talents that he's revered by other geeks and not ostracized by society in general.
3. "Elvis Costello glasses": thick, black-rimmed glasses of the sort worn by Elvis Costello.
1. "I just spent half the money in my bank account on Elvis Costello albums."
2. "Yeah, he's a nerd, but he's cooler than any of us -- like some kind of Elvis Costello".
3. "I am so sick of those whiny emo kids in their sweaters and Elvis Costello glasses."
Possessing unusual haste or punctuality; alludes to a (presumably remarkably fast) dog owned by a minor character in Kevin Smith's "Jersey" series.
"Damn, that bastard's faster than Walt Flanagan's dog!"