1. plays one or more musical instruments well (see bisectional)
2. eats, lives, sleeps in bandroom
3. considers band the most important class of day and frequently skips other classes to go to it
4. Has CPS (chronic playing syndrome) but does not suffer, rather enjoys every minute
5. Dates exclusivly band (or other musical: e.g. chorus) people
6. Understands band jokes
7. 99% chance of a horribly peverted mind
8. Worships band director/ drum major as god/jesus
9. Is in marching band and loves it more than life itself
10. has seen a lot of the other people in band and guard
11. IS INCREDIBLY AWESOME/COOL!
I am a band geek. I play in 3 ensembles I'm bisectional.
Being in two sections of the band. Implies the being at least somewhat of a band geek.
Does not apply to playing two types of sax, or two types of lower brass or two types of upper brass (except French horns)
Often used in reference to double reed players who cannot march with a double reed, so use their original instrument for marching band.