1) To begin a, sometimes random and usually pointless task/project, with the full determination and intensity of perfection and completion. When high on crystal meth
2) Spending an obscene amount of time on a task/project that usually would take no time at all to complete and/or would seem meaningless/pointless to someone else. When high on crystal meth
3) To answer someones question but not fully explaining what one was doing for a long period of time. When high on crystal meth
4) When going through a bin/basket/container full of anything to find what you are looking for; or for nothing in particular in hopes to find something useful. When high on crystal meth
1a) He was flailing
with duct-tape and made a pouch to hold Q-Tips in.
1b) I spent all night flailing
on the computer coming up with these definitions. (Hardly pointless)
2) John was flailing
for 5 hours making something to hold up a book while he typed, even though he has a book holder.
3) "Holy crap, where were you for the last 3 hours?"
"I was flailing
....well it sort of turned into a side-flail
4) I found a box full of random cords and started flailing
through it looking for something that might come in handy.