A film that is made under the following guidelines:
1. Filming must be done on location. Props and sets must not be brought in (if a particular prop is necessary for the story, a location must be chosen where this prop is to be found).
2. The sound must never be produced apart from the images or vice versa. (Music must not be used unless it occurs where the scene is being filmed).
3. The camera must be hand-held. Any movement or immobility attainable in the hand is permitted. (The film must not take place where the camera is standing; filming must take place where the film takes place.)
4. The film must be in colour. Special lighting is not acceptable. (If there is too little light for exposure the scene must be cut or a single lamp be attached to the camera).
5. Optical work and filters are forbidden.
6. The film must not contain superficial action. (Murders, weapons, etc. must not occur.)
7. Temporal and geographical alienation are forbidden. (That is to say that the film takes place here and now.)
8. Genre movies are not acceptable.
9. The final picture must be transferred to the Academy 35mm film, with an aspect ratio of 4:3, that is, not widescreen. (Originally, the requirement was that the film had to be filmed on Academy 35mm film, but the rule was relaxed to allow low-budget productions.)
10. The director must not be credited.
This style was developed by Danish directors Lars von Trier, Thomas Vinterberg, Kristian Levring, and Søren Kragh-Jacobsen.
I finally got to see Lars von Trier's new Dogme 95 flick, it was absolutely brilliant.
A small amount of text, used beneath photographs in newspapers, or to thank someone in a book.
Hey Nick, I'm giving you a blurb in my new book, what do you want it to say?
When a celebrity falls into a trap of trickery cleverly devised by Ashton Kutcher so that he can wave his arms around and make his retro John Deere hat fall off while going into a seizure from the most recent punk.
You just got punk'd! I'm Ashton Kutcher! I have nothing better to do than sneek around in my trucker clothing and punk people! I'M AWESOME!