1. A term usually applied to white males who have a clear sexual preference for women of asian descent, although it can also be used in reference to white females who prefer asian men.
2. An infectuous tropical disease carried by mosquitoes.
"Every time we go to the club, Dave goes straight for the asian women. I swear, that dude's got a serious case of yellow fever."
1. A person who believes that they are superior to others (and thus deserve favored status) because of their intellect, social status, wealth, or other factors.
2. Somebody who believes that society should be ruled by an elite class.
The acedemic's elitist, arrogant outlook made it hard for him to make friends with people.
The world's most popular pen & paper Role Playing Game (RPG). Created in 1974 by E. Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson, Dungeons & Dragons (D&D) combines role-playing with turn-based tactical combat. In a D&D game, one player is the "dungeon master" (DM) and the rest of the players are "player characters" (PCs). The PCs assume the role of adventurers (using fantasy archaetypes such as elves, wizards, halflings, barbarians, etc) while the DM creates challenges for the PCs to overcome (such as monsters and traps).
Over the years, the D&D game has been revised and published in multiple editions. The rights to Dungeons & Dragons are currently owned by Wizards of the Coast (creators of Magic: The Gathering) and Hasbro.
"We played Dungeons & Dragons for three hours. Then I was slain by an elf."
Limousine liberal (or latte liberal) is a deragatory term used to describe a rich liberal who considers themself a champion of the poor and downtrodden, but lives a lifestyle of wealth and luxury.
Limousine liberals can usually be identified by any combination of the following behavior:
- They support gun control, but they go everywhere surrounded by armed bodyguards.
- They have a soft-on-crime stance, but they live in gated, private communities where there is no threat of crime.
- They tell people to ride bikes and use public transportation to reduce oil consumption, while themselves traveling around the world in private jets and rented luxury SUVs.
- They join organizations like PETA because they believe that killing animals is wrong, but they wear expensive leather belts and shoes.
Limousine liberal is mostly an American term. In Austrialia, an equivalent term is "chardonnay socialist", while in France the equivalent term is gauche caviar (caviar left).
"Famous limousine liberals include such people as Arianna Huffington, Michael Moore, Martin Sheen, Jane Fonda, Sean Penn, and Barbra Streisand."
In an old fable by Aesop, a hungry fox noticed a bunch of juicy grapes hanging from a vine. After several failed attempts to reach the grapes, the fox gave up and insisted that he didn't want them anyway because they were probably sour.
Nowadays when somebody expresses sour grapes, it means that they put down something simply because they can't have it.
The phrase is often used incorrectly as another way to express bitterness or resentment.
"Winning a million dollars would just be a big hassle anyway."
A slightly-curved, single-edged sword carried by the samurai
in fuedal Japan. Contrary to popular belief, the katana was not the primary weapon used by samurai, and was mostly used only for dueling or ceremonial purposes. Over the last few decades, movies and anime
have exaggerated the sharpness and durability of the weapon to a point where many people now believe katanas to be some kind of indestructable super-sword.
"Following World War II, many American GIs brought home katanas looted from Japanese officers."
A non-Japanese person who has a near-indescrimate love of all things from Japan. Japanophiles watch anime
religiously, import overpriced novelty items from Japan, collect samurai swords, play untranslated Japanese video games, eat large amounts of Japanese food, rave about how Japanese culture is superior to every other culture on the planet, etc.
See also wapanese
, and otaku
The japanophile believed that a samurai sword could cut through solid steel like a blowtorch through butter.