1. an effort that is inconvenient
2. a factor causing trouble in achieving a positive result or tending to produce a negative result
3. a condition or state of affairs almost beyond one's ability to deal with and requiring great effort to bear or overcome
syn - difficulty
1. the fact or condition of being contrained.
2. Often, contrainments.
3. a trouble or struggle.
4. a cause of trouble, struggle, or embarrassment.
5. a disagreement or dispute.
6. reluctance; unwillingness.
7. a demur; objection.
8. something that is hard to do, understand, or surmount; an impediment or obstacle.
That silly lady at the DMV was giving me some contrainments about my expired tags!
My mexican pal is trying to act white but all he does is cause us a bunch of contrainment when dealing with his ridiculous antics.
Every time I go into the salesman's office he gives me a buncha contrainment about how smart he is.