a single word that is shouted, the "b" and "r" are rolled, coming to a crescendo on the "up".
1. a call between rude boys to let each other know where they are, much like howling monkeys screaming.
2. something to shout when you're drunk and want to make a lot of noise.
(shouted out at high volume)
1. Used in relation to UK Grime music. When somebody (ie the famous Jammer - "The Merkle Man" - of Jahmek the World Productions) jumps onto a riddim and properly merks it.
2. The act of brucking up to someone (-> having beef with them)
1. WILEY: hey jammer, you gonna merk my riddim?
JAMMER: its the merkle man, never gonna flex like erkle man, come straight in the circle man, all for the green and purple man. cos - its the merkle - never gonna flex like erkullll, come to your ends and circle, all for the green and purple. cos in beef i merkle, leave your chest with a circle, then get left on the dirtull. neckulllll. yeh im neckle, take me for steps im neckullll. level, blud its ammer, bluc im a rebel, big like stone not small like pebble. when we clash soon ya better be neckulll....ETC
2. "NIDAL, LETS MERKLE THAT FIFTH-FORMER, I NEED A SLAVE".
a genre of music found solely in south / east london, uk that has its roots in garage and 2step. it has a distinctive "icy" beat that is kinda eclectic and jumpy, and all the beats are spat over by MCs. beats are usually recycled and spat over by loads of MCs - for example, wiley's "ice rink" beat was spat over by about twenty different underground and mainstream MCs. can also mean cold-hearted, shady, mean, brass, etc.
that boy is eski - he's ~bad~